Author Topic: 0051: So we can all just turn straight by force of will?  (Read 26354 times)

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
0051: So we can all just turn straight by force of will?
« on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

http://www.justusboys.com/forum/threads/427383-Are-ONLY-women-fluid-with-their-sexuality?p=9646056&viewfull=1#post9646056

I wrote a free book specifically on the sexual fluidity of males. In ancient Greece and Rome (but elsewhere too), men had sex with other men. Not 3% of men, not 5%, but a much larger number. They weren't merely tolerant of the few people who were same-sex oriented but the culture itself was oriented in that manner. No polls are available, but we know that of the first twenty Roman emperors, eighteen (or 90%) were reported to have had sex with other men. Other cultures around the world reported similar experiences between men. So what happened that 95% of men would say they're exclusively heterosexual now? Christianity. Same-sex was forbidden starting in the 300's and almost everyone is raised to feel that same-sex sex is gross or for just effeminate men.

Think of how uncomfortable most men are wearing speedos at least here in America. Well, in Europe when I was growing up, everyone was wearing them so no big deal. Sexuality is just like speedos: It's just social pressure and expectations. Innate sexual orientation, my ass.

Right, so we can all just turn straight by force of will?

Not necessarily.

My book is mostly about how most straight men cannot have been born straight. This has to be the case if we see that in the ancient world, most men it would appear had no(ne of our*) qualms about same-sex sex. Genes/hormones/whatever do not change in a few centuries. Culture can and did. That culture "makes" people straight does not mean that straight men can by force of will change their sexual habits. It does mean that for "straight" men who are already open-minded or curious, informing them that they're not really born straight could perhaps lead to a greater incidence same-sex sex.

Where does that leave the gays or homosexuality? Well, the problem is that there is no one thing called homosexuality. If you just browse the table of contents of Homosexualities by Stephen O. Murray, you'll see that there have been multiple types of homosexualities, plural. In some cultures, you had relationships between men of same rank or males of a different, both masculine though. In North America, you had berdaches who were feminine men used like women; the top in this relationship wasn't considered different from other males. Under the modern nomenclature, all of these people would be considered "homosexual" now. So... can some of these people change? Well, maybe.

I've never understood how some gay men can have sex with dozens or hundreds of men of varying quality, yet if a vagina is attached, "Eww, no thanks." Really, that's the deal breaker? A lot of gay men are effeminate and end up with other effeminate gay men... but if there's a vagina attached, "Eww, no thanks." Those in stable relationships (gay and straight): would you ditch your partner if they magically sprouted genitalia contrary to their biological sex all the sudden? So how much of homosexual exclusivity is due to the hetero-majority's bigotry that segregates gays, for example?

*There were sexual taboos in Rome. A freeman being penetrated was looked down upon, although no doubt many did it.

Johan

• View Profile
Re: 0051: So we can all just turn straight by force of will?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »
"So how much of homosexual exclusivity is due to the hetero-majority's bigotry that segregates gays, for example?"

So you're basically saying that homophobia wiped out our potential or existing bisexuality and hardened our straightness/gayness?

I think Speedo thing became an issue in the 90's. You'll notice now that it is mostly middle aged men and older who wear Speedos.

Speedos are sexy but they're said to be TMI and then there's the pubic hair poking out!

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
"So how much of homosexual exclusivity is due to the hetero-majority's bigotry that segregates gays, for example?"

So you're basically saying that homophobia wiped out our potential or existing bisexuality and hardened our straightness/gayness?

Yes.

I think Speedo thing became an issue in the 90's. You'll notice now that it is mostly middle aged men and older who wear Speedos.

In America or Europe?

Speedos are sexy but they're said to be TMI and then there's the pubic hair poking out!

I see no problems there ;-)

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »

In America or Europe?

I see no problems there ;-)

Everywhere.

No problems? So you like your men au naturelle?

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »
No problems? So you like your men au naturelle?

Sure. Most men have enough hair on their legs anyways that shaving just pubes looks weird.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:58:05 AM »
Sure. Most men have enough hair on their legs anyways that shaving just pubes looks weird.

But what about shaving the sides of their pubes? You know, the hair growing beyond the panty line.

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
But what about shaving the sides of their pubes? You know, the hair growing beyond the panty line.

I'm looking at my own pubes right now and there's no clear demarcation between leg hair and pubic hair. I suppose if you trimmed the pubes that'd still match.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
I'm looking at my own pubes right now and there's no clear demarcation between leg hair and pubic hair. I suppose if you trimmed the pubes that'd still match.

I know that there's no demarcating line....IT'S A CONTINUUM!!!! Ha!