Author Topic: 0016: So-Called Situational Homosexuality, Game of Thrones  (Read 23913 times)

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 0016: So-Called Situational Homosexuality, Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »
I suppose an even better diagram would be:

Code: [Select]
heterosexuality (according to situational homosexuality) {

sex with women > sex with men > no sex with men/women >= masturbation

}

This just shows the nonsense even more. Heterosexuality cannot be defined to include any voluntary preference for men. And even if we define heterosexuality as a primary preference for the opposite sex, how do we know that culture does not create the primariness of that opposite-sex attraction if we admit that a second-best option for other men in the absence of women innately exists within men?

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
"Can somebody heterosexual behave as homosexual in places --as jail-- where the other sex is not an option?"

If the other sex is not an option, then no sex at all or masturbation is still an option. The problem with pretending that alleged heterosexuals can engage in "situational homosexuality" like in prison is that you define heterosexuality to include homosexuality. And if we concede that some "heterosexuals" will have sex with men some of the time, then it still doesn't answer the question about whether a less homophobic culture would encourage that same-sex attraction outside of same-sex segregated places.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »
"This just shows the nonsense even more. Heterosexuality cannot be defined to include any voluntary preference for men"

I don't get it.

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 12:41:37 AM »
"This just shows the nonsense even more. Heterosexuality cannot be defined to include any voluntary preference for men"

I don't get it.

That people define it or what I said? :-)

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 04:58:29 AM »
Both

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »
Well, heterosexuality is defined as an exclusive attraction to members of the opposite sex. When such heterosexuals do have sex with members of the same sex, many people do not say that such people are not heterosexuals. Instead they tinker the definition of heterosexuality with excuses like "There weren't any women around so men will have sex with men." The problem with this so-called situational homosexuality is that one would expect people who are exclusively attracted to members of the opposite sex to refrain from sex with members of their own sex. A genuinely heterosexual man should either be celibate or masturbate* if there are no women around. If he willingly seeks sex from men, he's not exclusively attracted to women and ergo not a heterosexual.

*If you think about it, masturbation is as homo as it gets. Homo is the Greek word for "same," and it doesn't get anymore same than yourself. Maybe I'll break my dryspell and make a video on this.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 12:56:41 AM »
Maybe. Maybe for most cases.

But it also depend son what their minds are telling them.

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 01:41:28 AM »
Why Do Straight Guys Have Sex with Men?

http://www.bilerico.com/2011/10/why_do_straight_guys_have_sex_with_men.php

I've said it repeatedly on the site, but if straight-gay-guys.jpgit weren't for straight guys I wouldn't have had as much sex when I was younger. I'd say a good 50% of my experiences have been with straight guys. Most of my closest friends have been straight guys and I'd say I had sex with 99.9% of them.

Many of my friends have always said that those guys weren't actually "straight" and argued that they were at least a little gay. I disagreed, but no one ever seemed to really grock what I was telling them. The orientation and gender of the person they were fucking didn't matter. What mattered was that they were getting off. Period. It was fun and enjoyable and there were no strings or romantic involvement. At best, it was a fuck buddy arrangement - but mostly close friends who'd occasionally get off together when bored or horny.

This definition of heterosexuality draws the line after same-sex sex. "He's straight. He only has sex with other men." Oh, come on. This literally ignores the HETERO and the SEXUALITY part of heterosexuality.

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaybros/comments/1ucapx/statistically/cegsv5k?context=3

i have a strictly straight guy that i can call on occasionally because he LOVES giving head.

Of course not.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »
I think there are people who can sexually function with others regardless of their sex.