Author Topic: 0043: Masculinity Defined?  (Read 13572 times)

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
0043: Masculinity Defined?
« on: August 25, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Question from: http://grero.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

How do you define 'masculine'?

It is important because you reference this concept excessively (e.g. "masculine likes masculine"), but you don't say (to my knowledge) what you mean exactly.

Please don't just say it's something you know/notice about others (I remember you gave a response like this in one of your videos), but rather give a detailed description/definition. A definition that can be used to determine if certain person or activity is masculine or not -- by your standard, of course.

lialket

• View Profile
Re: 0043: Masculinity Defined?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
By saying that engaging in rough-and-tumble play, do you mean that aggression is more of a masculine trait?

history65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:51 AM »
A strength of sprit body and mind courage ambition and determination  but by  that defination most men really are not but are conformist boot licky reinfeilds !!"Yes master what want me to do master: . Unfortunately the real  men who fight and actually do the real work  bi  gay  what have you are conned into obeideience by the financiers who start wars  they will never fight and ship job overseas  .The difference  vetween bisexuality and the middle class is bisexuallity actually does exist and nobody tries  to pretend it  does not and the middle class has not  existed for last 40 years and every body tries to pretend that that it does!!

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »
By saying that engaging in rough-and-tumble play, do you mean that aggression is more of a masculine trait?

Aggression is a rather loose term. Aggression does not have to be physical, it can be verbal for example. Also, associating "rough-and-tumble play" with aggression is interesting as well, since I don't consider all fighting to be aggressive. Take wrestling. I remember a friend wrestling me to the ground in high school before a swim meet (maybe I've done a video on this??). It was more fun and homoerotic than anything else. Now, MMA is an entirely different story since it's just about destroying the other guy.

Does that answer the question? Probably not... :-/