Author Topic: In whose company do you feel the most comfortable?  (Read 10492 times)

vincentdigrero

• View Profile
In whose company do you feel the most comfortable?
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
After having been basically raised in a very masculine setting by a very dominating father and two older brothers, I learned rather quickly that my life went better if I followed their examples. Meaning, that earlier as a child that my masculinity didn't seem to come naturally.  As a young adult having been in the military and working in some blue collar jobs with all men, my most comfort lied in my association with the so called working man (blue collar). I have worked in some white collar professional settings, but I've always been most at ease with the down-to-earth so called "working men."

I'm not a psychologist, but I'm wondering if my attraction to men in general stems from the fact that I didn't feel very loved by my father. Has any research been done on this?

What men are you most comfortable with?

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: In whose company do you feel the most comfortable?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:36:29 PM »
I'm not a psychologist, but I'm wondering if my attraction to men in general stems from the fact that I didn't feel very loved by my father. Has any research been done on this?

What men are you most comfortable with?

The science or psychology of sexual orientation is interesting since such father/mother theories have gone out the window. It's all about biology now. Unfortunately, science has forgotten culture, namely that before Christianity there were areas where exclusive heterosexuality did not reign supreme.

Most just go along with the heterosexuality. What sort of women they find attractive probably has some early childhood
influences, as everything else. Now, why are some of us attracted to men? It could be paternal bonding issues. For me, I just never really saw the logic in not being attracted to people with whom I had more in common (other men). In middle and high school, I was supposed to like all the things other guys like (check!) but not like those other guys. How does that make any sense? You shall like Activity A-Z, but NONE of the people who also like them, we have commanded even though you like your own penis but if they're attached to others it's evil to like them! Yeah, whatever. Girls (whose activities I'm not supposed to like) I am supposed to like exclusively. What??

XPlover

• View Profile
Re: In whose company do you feel the most comfortable?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:32:16 AM »
Right. By whatever route is impossible to say, but we guys are naturally programmed to prefer each other's company and eros. It's only natural. I theorize that when societies spend hundreds of generations of sending their more macho types off to die in wars, the obvious result would be a less macho, hell-bent-for-leather male population..... but suspect we men have always been very, very, gay (or Grero). 

The gay establishment has led the main establishment in throwing out (basically banning) paternal bonding issues in sexuality theory but will probably reverse themselves every 20 years or so.