Author Topic: Greros, gays, and "others" positive contributions to the World  (Read 19724 times)

vincentdigrero

• View Profile
Greros, gays, and "others" positive contributions to the World
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
Early, primitive man fascinates me because I like to think upon just how we figured it out and are still trying to figure it out. This post is mainly my opinion and I am not going to give any historical proof or documentation.

Recently I read on an internet website about early tribal societies in Africa. The article stated that in the hunter/gatherer societies that when the men and older boys went on a hunt or a battle with another tribe that if there was a more effeminate male or two in the tribe that the other men would leave such men with the women to help them and also maybe protect them a bit in case wrongdoers might stumble upon the village with nothing but women, children, and old folks. Of course we all know that primitive shamens/witch doctors were mainly homosexual. The key word here is mainly. In my opinion, homosexuals whether greros or gays have been quietly making significant contributions to all societies. I think we all intuitively know this. Many of the great minds, leaders (or leaders' aides), entertainers, artisans, doctors/nurses, athletes, and even theologians have greatly added to the betterment of society. On the other hand, there have been evildoers as well. Religion and other groups have been focusing on the bad. The official party line such groups is that homosexuality is ALL bad. Unfortunately we have gotten all the blame and little credit.

I don't know when the hatred all started with the early Christians or Catholic church, but I think somewhere in the Middle Ages. Possibly is all started in early Judaism when Abraham and Lot made the mistake of becoming residents at Sodom. At any rate, I think homosexuals have always been very firmly entrench in the Catholic church because they are very good at spiritual connections and they basically had no other place to go but the church. The Catholic church exercised a bit of compassion and with the celibacy dictate they took them in.

Recently, I saw the movie, "The Imitation Game" and found it very interesting. A great, homosexual mind invented the computer, so to speak. My computer is acting up a bit so I will close this post for now. Peace to all!

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greros, gays, and "others" positive contributions to the World
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »
In my opinion, homosexuals whether greros or gays have been quietly making significant contributions to all societies.

Given that probably most males in ancient Greece and Roman engaged in same sex sex, that's not in dispute, at least on this site. :-)

I don't know when the hatred all started with the early Christians or Catholic church, but I think somewhere in the Middle Ages.

I did not include this in the book, but when states become bigger and richer, during the Middle Ages, there was more prosecution of same-sex sex. Before then, everything was a lot more decentralized so you couldn't have a single ruler issuing this and that. With that said, persecution of same-sex sex began right after Christians took over Rome, especially by Theodosius after 390. That's in Chapter 10: http://grero.com/#_Toc347564552

Recently, I saw the movie, "The Imitation Game" and found it very interesting. A great, homosexual mind invented the computer, so to speak. My computer is acting up a bit so I will close this post for now. Peace to all!

I've heard about this movie, so now I'll have to see it for sure.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
1.Given that probably most males in ancient Greece and Roman engaged in same sex sex, that's not in dispute, at least on this site. :-)

2.I've heard about this movie, so now I'll have to see it for sure.

1.Are you 100% sure this was the case throughout Ancient Greece? Or not just its city states?

vincentdigrero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »

Are you 100% sure this was the case throughout Ancient Greece? Or not just its city states?

Johan, back then just as it is today, the greros and gays were everywhere. The city-states probably contained more because of sheer number. Just my opinion
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:55:15 AM by andkon »

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »
1.Given that probably most males in ancient Greece and Roman engaged in same sex sex, that's not in dispute, at least on this site. :-)

2.I've heard about this movie, so now I'll have to see it for sure.

1.Are you 100% sure this was the case throughout Ancient Greece? Or not just its city states?

It doesn't really matter. If you have a single area with a large bisexual potential, that shows that exclusive heterosexuality is not really genetic/hormonal/innate or anything but cultural.

Also, vincentdigrero's post shows " « Last Edit: Today at 11:55:15 AM by andkon »" I fixed a quote tag that wasn't working right.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 02:01:49 AM »
It doesn't really matter. If you have a single area with a large bisexual potential, that shows that exclusive heterosexuality is not really genetic/hormonal/innate or anything but cultural.
[/sub]

Exclusive heterosexuality or exclusive monosexuality?

andkon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
[/sub]

Exclusive heterosexuality or exclusive monosexuality?

Just exclusive heterosexuality. No one claims that most are homosexual, the split is more like 95-5 today. So if you find an area with a majority that's bisexual, heterosexuality cannot really be exclusive for most innately. But that doesn't speak to the origins (biological or cultural) of exclusive same-sex attractions.

Johan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 09:20:57 AM »
Just exclusive heterosexuality. No one claims that most are homosexual, the split is more like 95-5 today.

So if you find an area with a majority that's bisexual, heterosexuality cannot really be exclusive for most innately. But that doesn't speak to the origins (biological or cultural) of exclusive same-sex attractions.

Huh? I don't quite get it.